PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT
It is expected that the players for the Pipeline Soccer Club will conduct themselves like young professionals both on and off the playing field.
The Board of Directors and Coaching staff will not tolerate any unsportsmanlike or derogatory conduct or behavior during training, practice sessions, games, tournaments or any other Club function or event.
As a player for Pipeline Soccer Club, I hereby promise to uphold the following Player’s Code of Conduct:
- I promise to maintain a positive attitude during all Pipeline events, practices and games.
- I promise to be punctual and ready at the time that I am required to be present for all practices, training sessions, games and events.
- I promise to contact the coach/trainer 24 hours in advance of any training/practice absence and 48 hours in advance for any game day absence (exceptions will be made for emergency situations).
- Permission to be absent from training for reasons other than illness or appointment, family emergency, legal obligation or religious observance must be obtained from the coach prior to the absence.
- I promise to be a team player and encourage my fellow teammates at all times.
- I promise to follow the directions of my coaches and trainers.
- I promise to respect my teammates, coaches and trainers. I will accept the authority of my coach when disciplined.
- I promise to respect and not criticize opposing players, coaches or teams.
- I promise to respect and not criticize or raise my voice to officials.
- I promise that I will not use foul or degrading language while playing for the club.
- I promise that I will not engage in any fighting or flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct during any practice, training session, game or event.
- I will respect all equipment and playing facilities and I will not hang on goals and nets.
- I will clean up after myself, my team, and others at our home facilities/fields
- I will accept victory AND defeat with Dignity.
- I understand that playing time is not guaranteed and I recognize that certain games are more competitive that others and that some players will earn more playing time based on effort, ability and attitude at practices and games.
Club players shall be subject to the following PENALTIES for not adhering to the above code of conduct:
- Disrespect to the coach/trainer or displaying disruptive behavior during training or practice sessions = sit out the remainder of practice and depending on severity, will sit out the next scheduled game.
- Striking a teammate during training and/or practice sessions = sit out the next scheduled game.
- Disrespect towards the referee or assistant referees = substituted immediately, playing time reduced.
- Disrespect towards the referee or assistant referees / getting a yellow card = sit out the remainder of the game.
- Disrespect towards the referee or assistant referees / getting a red card = automatic suspension by the League for the rest of the current game, plus 1 game.
- Disrespect to Home or Opposing coaching staff = immediate substitution / playing time reduced.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct on or off the field = Up to one game suspension, depending on the severity of the infraction for the first offense.
- Inappropriate of unprofessional “Off the field” activities: The Board of Directors in consultation with the guardian and Coach will decide on the action to be taken depending on the seriousness of the incident.
- Deviation from aforementioned penalties may occur if coach deems appropriate and he/she gets approval from the responsible Director of Coaching (Girls, Boys).